Tuesday, 28 October 2008

Work and future..

These two days were really tiring. I know that I needed to attend the workshops coz it will help me understand better about data analysis which I did in Melbourne.

Thanx to the act. Principal (Deputy Principal) for giving me permission to attend the workshop. It was in fact a very good one! I'm really learning something out of the two workshops and I did discuss about my previous understandings of Rasch model to the facilitator. He asked me why do I need to attend this workshop as I have been trained to do this analysis for three weeks. So, I told him that I needed further details on what I was lacking and it was really a patchwork on the experiences in Melbourne. People from the Exam Department, MoE wasn't aware about our training workshop in Melbourne, which I guess was only known to only two departments. Anyway, I'm really glad that I got some answers to all my doubts in this area of statistics.. actually in the psychometric field of statistics. 

I guess if another teacher was assigned to take up this workshop, it will be a definite "I don't understand anything" response as what some of the workshop participants have expressed their concerns during the last day of this workshop for our group. Well, most say that they needed time and were very clueless during the theory part.. and some of the terminology which were so unfamiliar to them. I was surprised that most of the workshop participants were teachers who do not have the statistics background and this actually have caused problems in their understanding of the terminology. I did my part in helping out a group of lady teachers during the workshops and was really glad that I did that. Alhamdulillah.

Time was a limiting factor for this workshop and everybody was expecting that there will be some kind of hands-on activity using the computer to input data, analyse and then interpret the data to make the final report.. Anyway, I really hope that everybody can make use of this analysis in the students report later on, the SPN-21 assessment report as well as the SPE for each school and each subject and each student.

I'm still waiting for the memo from the Ministry regarding the workshop that we will be involved in, as a team of officers to share the findings based on our training in Melbourne.. It's the first week of December as my trainer has emailed me earlier today asking me about him coming over to Brunei soon. I'm really, really glad that he's read my reports and that it was well done. He expects me to write much more later on.. well, if i have the time and with real data, perhaps we'll be able to make sure that we can apply what we've been trained for. 

I'm also glad about something else that involves rewards for myself and Alhamdulillah.. Whatever it is, I should be thankful for everybody who supports me in one way or another, directly or indirectly, to achieve this success that was due for quite a long time. I'm just hoping that I could pursue further, kalau ada rezeki.. I know that it's not going to be easy this time around as I had to be much more resourceful and I should know what I want to do next, and where I would want to be later on. 

So, not hoping for anything yet.. just a thought and perhaps a plan for the future.. No promises..
InsyaAllah.. tidak mampu untuk menjanjikan apa-apa setakat ini.. Doa, Usaha dan Tawakkal..