These few weeks will be quite busy with my usual routine of duties, as a teacher and also in the administration, with the entry of the Menengah 5 repeating students as well as their choice of subjects. The school has plans for the students and that they will go through several motivational sessions, i.e. academic (examinations and study tips), as well as career opportunities after the second time seating for the BGCE O Level exams. There will be lots of planning on these, but whether all these matters will be agreed by the concerned units, everything had to go through the big bosses. Moreover, these talks are not only for the repeaters, but very essential for all the Menengah 5 students, in general. So, from our part, i.e. the admin side is to provide a suitable date, venue and time on when these planned schedule can be conducted.
Besides the enrollment of the Menengah 5 repeating students, there has to be a monitoring system in which the repeating students should show progress in their studies. This will definitely a big challenge for the students as well as the teachers teaching these particular students. A positive one! If the teachers are able to boost up the students results in the first preliminary exam, credits should be given to the teachers for their efforts and hardwork in reaching their target, as well as helping out these "needy" students to achieve their goals with a minimum of 4 credits (above 60% marks). Well, it is just a matter of time now.. and that hopefully everything goes well. Insyallah.. So, since it is quite high to achieve the target, but the students must get more than 4 credits by that time. Teachers should cooperate in fulfilling the target and help out their Appraisal reports. :)
On Thursday I received a call from my former UBD supervisor during my lunch break.. I was still doing my admin stuffs at around 12.50 p.m. when he called. He's got good news for me, which is to offer me to write a joint paper for the conference that will be in May this year. I had the intention to write the paper by myself and had downloaded the forms in december last year but somehow I was so held back with my school duties which forced me to not be able to write an abstract for the conference. So, I thought the applications for paper presentation was already closed on 24 January, but my former supervisor called to inform me that it has been extended to 21 February.. I'm really glad that he called to let me know about this matter. I was frustrated when I was not able to write the abstract to be sent on 24 January, but now I'm getting excited to get the abstract done. I'm in the middle of composing it, while trying to decide which part of the dissertation that I should include in the actual paper presentation which will be published in the international conference later. I do hope that I can work with my supervisor on this but at the moment it is raining and the weather is not very promising.. so, I guess I had to email him rather than meet him at the university. I'm really glad to be given this second chance and hope that the joint paper will be accepted and published. Something to do with homework which matches one of the criteria of the conference, i.e. bridge between home and school. Insyallah.. Doa2 kan saya yer..
Work is as usual.. I planned to go to the UK Education fair soon as I have one thing in mind, i.e. further studies.. Just hoping that I can find a good university that will accept my masters degree and my proposal to continue doing a phd. Kalau ada rezeki.. Insyallah.. Now, I'm still working on it and will always remember what I told my students to D.U.I.T.
Besides the enrollment of the Menengah 5 repeating students, there has to be a monitoring system in which the repeating students should show progress in their studies. This will definitely a big challenge for the students as well as the teachers teaching these particular students. A positive one! If the teachers are able to boost up the students results in the first preliminary exam, credits should be given to the teachers for their efforts and hardwork in reaching their target, as well as helping out these "needy" students to achieve their goals with a minimum of 4 credits (above 60% marks). Well, it is just a matter of time now.. and that hopefully everything goes well. Insyallah.. So, since it is quite high to achieve the target, but the students must get more than 4 credits by that time. Teachers should cooperate in fulfilling the target and help out their Appraisal reports. :)
On Thursday I received a call from my former UBD supervisor during my lunch break.. I was still doing my admin stuffs at around 12.50 p.m. when he called. He's got good news for me, which is to offer me to write a joint paper for the conference that will be in May this year. I had the intention to write the paper by myself and had downloaded the forms in december last year but somehow I was so held back with my school duties which forced me to not be able to write an abstract for the conference. So, I thought the applications for paper presentation was already closed on 24 January, but my former supervisor called to inform me that it has been extended to 21 February.. I'm really glad that he called to let me know about this matter. I was frustrated when I was not able to write the abstract to be sent on 24 January, but now I'm getting excited to get the abstract done. I'm in the middle of composing it, while trying to decide which part of the dissertation that I should include in the actual paper presentation which will be published in the international conference later. I do hope that I can work with my supervisor on this but at the moment it is raining and the weather is not very promising.. so, I guess I had to email him rather than meet him at the university. I'm really glad to be given this second chance and hope that the joint paper will be accepted and published. Something to do with homework which matches one of the criteria of the conference, i.e. bridge between home and school. Insyallah.. Doa2 kan saya yer..
Work is as usual.. I planned to go to the UK Education fair soon as I have one thing in mind, i.e. further studies.. Just hoping that I can find a good university that will accept my masters degree and my proposal to continue doing a phd. Kalau ada rezeki.. Insyallah.. Now, I'm still working on it and will always remember what I told my students to D.U.I.T.